The Nanton Golf Club is hiring for the 2023 Golf Season.
Full-time and part-time seasonal positions are available.
The season will run for approximately 7 months from April 1st to October 15th.
The Nanton Golf Club is looking for a Golf Shop Assistants to finish the 2022 season and beyond. We are offering both part time and full time hours. Successful candidates will be self motivated, personable, energetic, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
The Golf Shop Assistant is in charge of the daily operation of the Pro Shop and first tee as well as the outside services department alongside the General Manager. As a front-line worker, you are expected to present a positive and professional image of the Nanton Golf Club to all members and guests. Ensure customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service on a daily basis to the members and guests of the Nanton Golf Club, while performing all duties and following established club policies and procedures.
- Manage the tee sheet by booking and canceling tee times while following tee time booking and cancelation procedures.
- Manage the tee sheet ensuring that golfers tee off on-time and keep the first tee running on schedule. Communicate with golfers at check-in or use the outside speaker to alert golfers when they are on the tee, and next on the tee.
- Answer Golf Shop telephones and respond to any and all inquires.
- Checking in golfers. Collecting green fees, selling power carts, pull carts, rental clubs, driving range balls, driving range passes, and shop merchandise.
- Assist customers in finding golf shop merchandise to fit their needs.
- When necessary, resolves customer complaints to the customers’ satisfaction while working within the established parameters of the club. If needed alert the manager of any situations that need to be dealt with.
- Maintain a clean and inviting retail environment in the Golf Shop at all times, performing daily cleaning duties as required.
- Ensure that Golf Shop displays are fully stocked at all times and alert the manager of any items that need to be re-ordered.
- Greet and acknowledge every customer that enters the Golf Shop. Use questions to determine their needs, and assist them in finding the appropriate product(s) to fit their needs.
- Assist in supervising outside services staff by making sure they are performing daily tasks to an acceptable level.
- Assist outside services employees during busy times by helping pull up clean carts, washing dirty carts, and tidying the driving range.
- Follow opening and closing duties, including end of day cash reconciliation.
Please contact our General Manager Dave Mitchell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 403-646-2050 ext #3
Groundscrew – Working outside on the golf course performing daily maintenance activities which will require operating machinery and performing physical labour. Making sure that the golf course is presentable to the members and guests. Must be in good physical condition. Please Contact Mike Kroening at 403-646-2766 or email@example.com
Food & Beverage Department
Servers – Mulligan's is looking for motivated, responsible, friendly people who are willing to learn and work in a high paced team environment! Select servers will be trained on the Beer cart positions as well. You must be 18+ to apply for serving positions. Please contact our Clubhouse Manager Coleen Phillips at 403-646-2050 ext 4, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Coleen.
Kitchen Positions - Kitchen positions include Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers. Kitchen employees are responsible for preparation and cooking menu items for restaurant customers. Please contact Head Chef Brooks Gardner at 403-646-2050 ext 4, or email your resume to email@example.com, attention Brooks.
As a seasonal operation, flexibility around evenings, weekends and weekdays is required. Experience is nice to have, but not necessary. Training is provided.